By application of gel compresses we produce an effect of warmth on the designated parts of the body and organism. The warmth has an analgesic and an antipologistic effect. The muscles relax and the extensibility of connective tissue increases.
Thanks to high thermal capacity, silicate gels maintain a fixed temperature for a long time. After being warmed up to 40 Degrees Celsius, they are applied on a particular part of the body for 20 – 30 minutes.
Other therapies in our Center
In local application warmth has the following effects:
- it improves blood supply
- it works as an analgesic, especially in ailments caused by increased muscle tension
- it improves extensibility of collagen in connective tissue (which results in better therapeutic effects especially with patients suffering from joint contractures)
- it improves viscosity of joint oil which increases the range of motion in joints
- it facilitates performing precise movements
- it improves blood supply to tissues
- it has relaxing and soothing effects